WEIRDLAND: Texas ACL Festival?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Texas ACL Festival?


When I read that Jake mentioned in this interview What brings you to Austin? Are you just with Lance for the Ohio State game? Yeah, we're here for the game, and then we're going to hang out and go to ACL Fest. I remembered someone I know who attended last year the ACL Festival so she was really lucky of listening to Wilco, one of my favourite bands.




















Besides, now it's time for me to reveal that Jeff Tweedy, frontman of Wilco has been one of my permanent indie-rocker crushes. I was very smitten with Jeff Tweedy until Jake starred in "Jarhead" (I'm half-joking). One thing from this great singer/songwriter that atractted my attention was a sweet-features face like Jake's, his witty background, and a geeky quality too in both, as in the pictures where they seem to check their private parts out. Here you have some pictures of Jeff Tweedy I like of him the most.
The first photo isn't of Austin Festival (15-17 September), it's from Lollapalooza festival, in August 4-6 when Wilco played. The line-up from ACL this summer counts (among many others) with Van Morrison, Flaming Lips, Gomez and some "Americana" groups as Calexico or Son Volt, whose leader Jay Farrar (see below) founded with Jeff Tweedy alt-country pioneers Uncle Tupelo.

Finally, a token of Wilco from their last work "Kicking Television Live in Chicago", "Via Chicago"live song and another version:
"Via Chicago" demo.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wilco is a cool group, I've only heard "A ghost is born" and is very interesting and edgy. I like going to rock festivals, there are always some celebs around...

Mys T's said...

Hey Kendra,
I like your site and visit it as much as I do Jake Watch. You post awesome pics.
Just one thing; your song, the "Brown eyed girl" is by Van Morrison. Why does it say James Taylor? Just thought I'd ask.
Van.

Elena said...

Thanks, vanz, welcome officially to Weirdland! As previously I explained to kokodee, "Brown eyed girl" it was composed originally by Van Morrison in 1967, from the the "Blowin' Your Mind" LP and became his biggest hit. It has been covered by many top songwriters as Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen or James Taylor.

Mys T's said...

Hi, vanz here. re Brown eyed girl, ah, okay. It's a great song. I sat here yesterday, bopping to it on your site (and gazing at the pictures). hehe. In fact that's one thing I liked about Moonlight Mile, the soundtrack.

Just letting you know I got a new look, new bike and extended my name. Just letting you know, so there's no confusion.

Elena said...

It's a great song
It's a classic song, but with erotic connotations, the line "making love in the greengrass" was edited out of radio stations initially and replaced by "laughing and a-runnin'"

No probs, Vanzmotorbike, I've seen your new look before in the Myspace topic, motorbikes girls rule!

The Real Me said...

Kendra, you scare me with your opposing pictures..

but it makes me smile.
x

Elena said...

^^to me it makes me laugh!

The Real Me said...

haha yeah that too :P