WEIRDLAND: Fab woman gets engaged

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fab woman gets engaged


She's a timeless beauty with a resemblance to Lauren Bacall.

"She soon left for Hollywood, where, shortly after arriving, she was stopped outside an L.A. lunch spot by Jake Gyllenhaal. The actor just wanted to say how strikingly beautiful he found her." [...] Source: Elle magazine

"Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo and her boyfriend, record producer Chris Ivery, are engaged, PEOPLE has confirmed.

Ivery proposed to Pompeo on Friday, her 37th birthday, after breakfast at home. "She was surprised and thrilled," the actress's rep tells PEOPLE. Ivery presented Pompeo with a 3.5-carat emerald-cut diamond in a platinum setting from jewelry designer Tacori.

Pompeo and Ivery, 37, both Boston-area natives, grew up minutes away from each other, but didn't meet until pals introduced them in Los Angeles in 2003. They didn't start dating right away. "We were friends for six months; then one night she just looked different to me," Ivery told PEOPLE in October.

Their relationship is laid-back. "We had a great day yesterday," Pompeo told PEOPLE. "We walked on the beach, then we came home, took a shower and went out for sushi. Then we laid on the couch with the dogs and watched TV."

Pompeo added, "We were six degrees our whole lives, so I feel like we were sort of meant to be. We'll get married eventually, secretly."

According to Pompeo's rep, no wedding date has been set."
Source: People via Barbie Martini
Not just I have in common with Ellen Pompeo half of my name, plus I'm a sushi devorator as her. I'm feeling mixed with these news, I'm happy for Ellen and her fiancée, but she will always be for me Bertie Knox from "Moonlight Mile", the fabulous woman who met the shy guy in town, whom she left her past life behind with.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I liked the chemistry between Ellen Pompeo and Jake in 'Moonlight Mile'. I don't think I have seen her in any other film though and I don't watch 'Grey's Anatomy' (the last series of which I saw every episode was 'Hillstreet Blues' and that was a long, long time ago, I'm afraid..!

Anonymous said...

she is so beautiful!!!
i love the pic from moonlight mile.i actually cried in that scene.

Elena said...

I've watched some episodes from Grey's Anatomy the Season 2 on Spanish TV, only for catching my admired Ellen, one of the few sexy doctors.

And, gr77, I understand you, the final never fails in breaking my heart -in a great way-.