WEIRDLAND: Tagging a piece of cinema

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tagging a piece of cinema

1. Popcorn or candy?
Always popcorn, guys and dolls. Two varieties of it: sugary-coloured popcorn or extra-sized white popcorn. Never cheese-flavoured popcorn (horrible).

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.
"The Bourne Supremacy" It causes me laziness in cause of the cast stars: Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, but I've read it's a good sequel to "The Bourne Identity" (2002), which I enjoyed immensely, specially when Clive Owen appeared onscreen. Some day soon.

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?
As my memory isn't too good to look backwards in the past -and I don't have much time to look through Imdb- although there were many injustices in Oscar competitions, I'd choose that one of my readers, gr77, mentioned in the Eternal Sunshine poem post: Kate Winslet should have won the Oscar who was delivered to Hillary Swank (she had already an Oscar for "Boys don't cry", damnit!)

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.
Which will it be?

The hooker costume that Reese Witherspoon wore in the film "Freeway" (1996). Grunge and appealing outfit.

5. Your favorite film franchise is...
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre saga, starting by the initial Tobe Hooper's classic (1974) a horror masterpiece, the sequels are pitiful, but the iconic Leatherface and Texas atmosphere always get me.

6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?
James Dean, James Stewart, Katherine Hepburn (the irony factor), Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield - Blonde and Blonder ! (so we would make jokes about big boobs).

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?
A proper punishment would be forcing them to continue talking nonsense all through the movie. Their bills cost at the end of the month would compensate us in some way, now if they're rich, the mobilphone must explode while they're answering.

8. Choose a female bodyguard: Ripley from Aliens. Mystique from X-Men. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. The Bride from Kill Bill. Mace from Strange Days
Ripley, and she can go in tiny knickers while protects my security if she wishes.

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?
The subliminal flashes of Samara Morgan in "The Ring" (2002)

10. Your favorite genre (excluding comedy and drama) is?
At present, I'd say thriller or fantasy genre.

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?
I'd delegate this power function in somebody who works inside the industry and still hates most of its predictable mechanisms, like my colleague blogger (who has tagged me in the survey) Arden. She confronts a lot of cineparaphernalia everyday and would know how to deal with the promising ideas/scripts of the projects.

12. Bonnie or Clyde?
What a question, Clyde, despite of his slight impotence.

13. Who are you tagging to answer this survey?
I'm tagging Emma from All about my movies. I hope she isn't too busy studying.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

god. doesn't the impotence kind of make him hotter?!

hearts to you, my dear!

Anonymous said...

We both wanna steal Reese's clothes!

veeveevee said...

Nooooo...take back the Brokeback Mountain/Crash disaster!!! ;-)

Elena said...

Yes, Arden, Clyde Barrow's impotence gives me an extra boner *naughty girl mood* I'm a sucker for these surveys, dear, keep them coming!

I feel, Emma, that Reese is maybe underrated as sexy chick out there (not in the earnings field, though).

I agree, veeveevee, that Crash awarded as Best Picture was a "craso" mistake, and George Clooney's Oscar, I suppose that it was a "cumulative" award, does it make sense to be awarded as Best Director, but not Best Picture (BBM was more important landmark movie than "Crash")

Good news that Ellen DeGeneres hosts the next Oscars, Simon. I'm always complaining about the whole thing, but sometimes I feel curious if I'm fond of some contestants in this vanities game -the ceremony is long, so I usually await to the day after when Canal + reports a juicy summary of it.

Anonymous said...

I really hate popcorn in any size or color, not to mention the crunching sound it makes..!! I truly dislike that when I go to the movies these days, there are people not only crunching popcorn, constantly drinking something or the other but eating what looks like courses of food. But what REALLY makes me see red is people TALKING during a movie (not to mention those who feel it necessary to give you a running commentary on what they are seeing..!! I am a pretty nice and peace-loving person but such people make me want to throttle them..!

Anonymous said...

great answers kendra!!
i would definitely give the oscar to winslet for eternal sunshine of a spotless mind instead of swank for million dollar baby (god i hate swank!!).Eternal Sunshine didn't get the recognition it deserved,i think it's one of the best films ever made.
and the ring was absolutely the scariest movie i've ever seen,but the original (japanese) version,not the american one.