WEIRDLAND: Daily Mail Interview

Friday, October 26, 2007

Daily Mail Interview

-What is your greatest regret?

-I'm too young for regrets. But there was a situation a few years ago which could have become a regret. I was offered a great role by the legendary film-maker Bernardo Bertolucci which required me to do nudity.

In the end I turned down. I came to the conclusion that I didn't really feel comfortable doing the things that were asked of the character at that point in my life.

It was the hardest decision I've ever made as an actor, to say, I don't want to work with one of the best film-makers on earth. I thought I'd regret it later, but it was the best decision I made because I was honest with myself.

-What were your dreams as a child?

-I remember being in college knowing I didn't want to go anymore. I wanted to try and become an actor. There is a something in me, with a risk of sounding cliché, that I just had to do it. I knew from an early age that acting was my path.

[...]-What turns you on?

-I would really love to direct one day. I think there are certain actors who love the character and the performance and that's all they want to be a part of.

I love being involved in the story and I love being involved in how the story moves. It's like, so hot! It's almost sexual. When it works right, it's such a turn on.

-Is there anything you are trying to quit but can't?

-Thinking so much! No, really. I would like to quit thinking. I tend to over-analyze things and decisions, although I end up going with my gut feeling. I was once told by a director to take a year off from thinking. That made me really laugh - and really think.

[...] I think as an actor you have to be open to your emotions - that's how you tap into other characters. Besides, by being so open I've come to terms with how screwed I am!

[...] I pride myself on making interesting films, as opposed to the type that just draws a huge audience of teenagers, so I think they are pretty smart fans. They always have questions for me, something that hasn't been answered by the movie. They'll scream: 'What's the ending of Donnie Darco? I don't understand it!' That is so nice.

[...]-What do you find attractive in a woman?

-Well, probably just an innate quality of being comfortable. That is sort of the biggest thing. Beauty is not always bad. For me, I think it's the comfortable factor.

How does she feel about herself? Is she happy? That is so powerful and sexy to me". Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love what he said about making interesting films

Elena said...

I like the "comfy woman" part, I like wearing pajamas when I'm at home, and I don't use to dress up.

Anonymous said...

Me too.It's a very sweet feeling to put on your comfy clothes when you are home