WEIRDLAND: Mint chocolate flavour

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mint chocolate flavour

"If you’re thinking of seeing Rendition to get a glimpse of the on-screen chemistry between rumored budding young couple Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal, don’t bother. She filmed in the U.S., he filmed in North Africa, and the twain never met. But if you want to see a multi-faceted political thriller with extraordinary, mature performances - especially from Gyllenhaal - it’s well worth the price of admission.

[...] I then asked him what kind of wisdom and experience he gained from the very mature-themed Rendition. “Absolutely nothing; it was basically like treading water,” he replies playfully, with that boyish twinkle in his eye. Then Gyllenhaal went on to explain what he really learned from the film.

“For me, being far away from home is a learning experience,” he explains. “This was shot in North Africa, in a different country with a lot of different rules, and I felt very isolated. It was a very good thing for me. You need to ostracize yourself to learn.”

[...] “You look like a nice mint chocolate chip cookie,” he suggests in reaction to the mint green blouse and a dark brown skirt I am wearing. “I do?” I ask, blushing and feeling like a 14-year-old. At my advanced age, it really does take a great actor to make me feel that way. “That’s my favorite flavor, so I’ll take that as a compliment,” I offer. ““You should – that’s my favorite flavor too,” he replies.

Now I’m totally flustered. As a mature professional, I like to think I can handle any curve ball that’s thrown my way, but Gyllenhaal is looking at me with his adorable blue eyes and incredibly long eyelashes. “Okay, where do we go from here?” I say, stalling for time while I try to recollect my next question. “Let’s just talk about ice cream,” he offers, oozing boyish charm.


Oh yes, Jake Gyllenhaal has arrived. The man has definitely arrived". Source: www.filmstew.com

No comments :