WEIRDLAND: Ang Lee remembers Heath Ledger

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ang Lee remembers Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger as another tragic clown in "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus ".

"The fantasy film, directed by TERRY GILLIAM, tells the story of a travelling theatre that lets the audience go through a magic mirror and explore their imaginations.

Heath plays an outsider called Tony who joins the troupe.

After his tragic death, pals JOHNNY DEPP, JUDE LAW, and COLIN FARRELL took over the character – playing Tony at different points in the film.

It’s due for release next year". Source: www.thesun.co.uk


"On January 22, the deadline-skimming day I was scheduled to interview filmmaker Ang Lee for this page, I received an email from a friend informing me that the day also happened to mark the one-year anniversary of Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger’s untimely death. -Do you remember where you were when you got the news that Heath died?

-I was landing at the Tokyo airport when I got an email from James. Heath died during my flight. That’s always strange to think about.

-What is your favorite memory of him?
-It also happens to be one of my favorite shots of my career: his “barfing” scene in Brokeback, when he was hitting the wall with his fists. We were on the third take, his fists were bleeding, he’d literally spilled all his guts, and something in the background struck me as being perfect. I think it was the clouds. I wanted to do another take, but Heath was totally exhausted. My producer said, “That’s bullshit. The actor has had enough.” But the clouds were perfect! We did another take, and after it was over, Heath said, “Wow. That felt good.”
Source: 7x7.com

No comments :