WEIRDLAND: Paramount confirms Les Grossman Movie with Tom Cruise & Ben Stiller

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Paramount confirms Les Grossman Movie with Tom Cruise & Ben Stiller

“Les Grossman's life story is an inspiring tale of the classic human struggle to achieve greatness against all odds. He has assured me he plans to, quote, ‘F**king kill the sh**t out of this movie and make Citizen f**king Kane look like a piece of crap home movie by the time we are done.’ I am honoured to be working with him,” says Stiller in the statement.
Ben Stiller with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes attending the Golden Globes party at Chateau Marmont on January 15, 2010 Actors Brandon T. Jackson, Jack Black, Tom Cruise, Bill Hader, Ben Stiller, Matthew McConaughey, and Robert Downey Jr. at L.A. Premiere of "Tropic Thunder" on August 11, 2008

And then there’s Paramount Film president Adam Goodman: "Everything I learned in this business, I've learned from Les. I started out as his assistant, and from the first day he threw his desk at me when I got his lunch order wrong, I have loved him like a father. I am forever grateful to Ben and Stuart Cornfeld and their ability to secure his highly-coveted life rights." Oh, the wit.
There’s even a quote from Grossman himself: “To quote my great friend Kirk Lazarus, ‘I don’t read the script, the script reads me.’”
With Cruise mentioned as “in talks” to portray the man, the legend, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World’s Michael Bacall is listedMary Elizabeth Winstead and Michael Cera in "Scott Pilgrim vs the world" (2010)

as the project’s writer".
Source: www.empireonline.com

"The plot could be about a mega movie star (Stiller, apparently) who has an ugly falling out with the head a major media conglomerate (Cruise’s Grossman) who refuses to renew the actor’s contract and publicly badmouths him.
Time moves on, old grudges are forgiven (or at least set aside), behind-the-scenes deals are made. The actor is eventually rehired to appear in both a popular action franchise and, most shocking of all, is personally selected by the mega mogul to play himself (the mogul) in a biopic". Source: www.altfg.com

No comments :