WEIRDLAND: Gwyneth Paltrow isn't a mere mortal, says Jake!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow isn't a mere mortal, says Jake!

Gwyneth Paltrow and Jake Gyllenhaal at ELLE's 17th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute

"Bottom line, she is not a mere mortal like the rest of us," the actor, 29, said in his introduction. "She is an Internet-savvy, award-winning, lifestyle guru, making all of us look lazy. She doesn’t just find a nice guy to settle down with -- she marries a rock star and then domesticates him. She doesn’t just cook -- she goes to Spain with Mario Batali and then domesticates him!
She is not just a lifestyle guru, but she invents a whole new fitness movement and then convinces me to try it, and I do it, and I am, therefore, domesticated ... sweating my ass off in spandex, which is humbling and embarrassing."
When Paltrow, 38, took the stage, she said she didn't have a speech because, "I kind of wanted to speak from my heart." And she was more candid than ever.
"Jake is gorgeous and hilarious and when we worked together in Proof, I was pregnant and I was a f****** nightmare hormonal mess, but we managed to stay friends through it anyways", she said.
Jake Gyllenhaal and Gwyneth Paltrow as Hal and Catherine in "Proof" (2005)

Since Proof, she said, "I had my kids and everything really changed for me, so I feel so honored that you are honoring me because I feel like I have shifted focus so much. Source: www.usmagazine.com

Gwyneth Paltrow as Viola De Lesseps in SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE (1998)

"When the hunkster introduced Paltrow last night at Elle's Women in Hollywood fete, he talked about how beautiful the Oscar winner looked in Shakespeare In Love but also pointed out she was "very convincing as a fine-featured young boy."
So much so, he cracked, "It was the experience of watching Gwyneth dressed as a young boy that immediately lead me to sign onto Brokeback Mountain." (If there is any truth to Jakey's story, we must take this moment to bow down and say, "Thank you, Gwyneth Paltrow.") Source: uk.eonline.com

Michelle Williams as Alma in "Brokeback Mountain" (2005)

Michelle Williams in W magazine, OCTOBER 2010

Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe in "My Week with Marilyn" (2011)

Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts at Stella McCartney's fashion launch (2011 Spring Presentation) in the West Village, NYC.

Marilyn Monroe

"Naomi Watts is daunted by her upcoming role as Marilyn Monroe - admitting she doesn't know how to play the iconic sex symbol.
The actress portrays the Some Like It Hot siren in new biopic Blonde, but confesses she can't figure out how to tackle the role - because no one really knew the real Monroe.
She says, "I don't have a plan yet on how to do it. It's going to be a huge undertaking because everyone obviously has their own idea about who she was.
"It's a high-pressure thing to take on because of how iconic she was. I don't know how I'll go about it." Source: www.imdb.com

No comments :