WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal Golden Globe Nomination Portrait Session

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal Golden Globe Nomination Portrait Session

Jake Gyllenhaal - 2011 Golden Globe Nomination Portrait Session on 14th December, 2010 in Hollywood

Johnny Depp walked away with a double nomination for his work in “Alice In Wonderland” and “The Tourist,” but what does “Love and Other Drugs” star Jake Gyllenhaal think about taking on a double dose of Johnny in the same category? Plus, which other stars and films got the nod — and who got snubbed? Source: www.accesshollywood.com

"Who's going to be Jake Gyllenhaal's date to the Globes? The actors laughs for a while before responding. "Dude, I didn't think I was getting nominated. It's going to be a long, slow burn for me. I'm not rushing into anything!" says Gyllenhaal, who's up for Love and Other Drugs -- and has been linked, of late, to singer Taylor Swift.
He's in Los Angeles and says he was home when he found out. "I was asleep. I didn't wake up. It was pretty unexpected. I got a call and then I checked my phone and I had 25 e-mails, and it was either disconcerting or exciting. In this case it was exciting", the actor tells USA TODAY's Donna Freydkin.
He earned an Oscar nomination for 2005's Brokeback Mountain. Does this time feel any different? "The last time I was nominated for an award like this, it was so overwhelming and I didn't know how to process it. I can see these things are rare and you never know when they're going to happen, so you have to soak it in and appreciate each moment," says Gyllenhaal. "Celebrating is a long, slow burn for me. I'm going to really soak this in. I'll be with my family and I'm excited for the holidays. I'm not going to deny any awesome feelings". Source: content.usatoday.com

No comments :