WEIRDLAND: Taylor Swift says Love & other drugs is a good movie

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Taylor Swift says Love & other drugs is a good movie

Scans of Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift in US Weekly magazine, December 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal as Jamie Randall in "Love and other drugs" (2010)

"That's pretty much all Taylor Swift will say about the movie and her much-buzzed-about relationship with its star, Jake Gyllenhaal. "It's a good movie", she tells Entertainment Weekly. And when they press her for a little more scoop on her love life, her classy reply is simply, "I write in great detail about my personal life, but I don't talk about it." (A side note on the movie, though. It's rated R for a reason. Because Gyllenhaal and co-star Anne Hathaway are nearly naked for the bulk of the film. So, don't take the kids, even if they beg.) Swift also opens up a little bit about how it felt to be so harshly criticized after her performance with Stevie Nicks during the last Grammy Awards. Taylor Swift poses in the press room at the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards held at Staples Center on January 31, 2010 in L.A.

"Words are everything to me. Words can build me up and make me feel so good. And on the flip side, words can absolutely demolish me. I am nowhere close to being bulletproof when it comes to criticism. Feeling everything is part of being a songwriter," she admits. "If I block out those feelings of pain and rejection, then I don't know what I would write about. I'd rather feel pain when I read something terrible about me than feel nothing." So even though her song "Mean" asks, "Why you gotta be so mean?" it seems like she's been able to turn all that cruelty into music". Source: www.cmt.com

No comments :