WEIRDLAND: Jake Gyllenhaal: afraid of snakes in "Prisoners"

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jake Gyllenhaal: afraid of snakes in "Prisoners"

“I knew there was a snake scene,” says Jake Gyllenhaal, but after a decade plus in the business, he thought he knew the drill.

“You’re playing a cop who walks into a room filled with snakes, which is creepy,” Gyllenhaal says. “But as an actor, you know it will all be CGI.”

Not so on “Prisoners” (opening Friday), a gritty film about two kidnapped girls and the cop who vows to save them. “I’m in the room and the director grabs six or seven or maybe 10 real, slithering snakes out of a bag and tosses them.

“I’m pretending I’m not afraid of them,” adds Gyllenhaal. “I’m about to pee in my pants. The snakes were everywhere. They were crawling into little holes they found and getting lost in the walls.” Source: www.suntimes.com


Junket interview with Jake Gyllenhaal (Loki) on "Prisoners".

No comments :